Hike Norfolk is a group for walkers, new or experienced, who share a love of the great outdoors. We have a programme of walks throughout the year in Norfolk and neighbouring counties, with weekends away to hills, mountains and dales elsewhere. In addition, we enjoy a regular programme of social events including meals out, gigs, shows, pub crawls etc. as well as other outdoor activities such as cycling and canoeing. The majority of our mixed membership are in their 30’s/40’s but everybody is welcome to join and take part.
As of 30 July, bigger group walks can restart in England – subject to following the latest government guidelines.There are still significant restrictions which mean that we must take extra steps to ensure that walks are safe and responsible by:
- Limiting group size to a maximum of 30 people – 1 walk leader, plus 29 walkers.
- Following the latest guidelines on physical distancing and hygiene.
- Taking steps to assess and reduce the risks on group walks.
If you’re are in a household with COVID-19 symptoms, you should self-isolate at home. Those aged 70 or older and those with pre-existing health conditions that put them at increased risk from COVID-19 are particularly advised to practice social distancing.
If you choose to walk locally for exercise, please:
- Do not walk anywhere that you could get in to trouble and require the emergency services.
- Avoid touching gates, fences etc. If you do, wash your hands as soon as possible.